Wilmington Surgical: Making vascular surgery less invasive.
The Wilmington Surgical Vascular and Endovascular Center is a nationally accredited surgery center. Here, our skilled surgeons combine board-certified training and state-of-the-art capabilities with their subspecialty fellowship training in vascular surgery.
We perform many procedures using endovascular (endo = inside, vascular = blood vessels) techniques. For some patients, we perform surgical repairs in the blood vessels via tiny catheters through tiny incisions so we can treat problems faster, more conveniently and with less risk, pain, scarring or downtime.
Accredited diagnostics and state-of-the-art treatment for…
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) – Fat, cholesterol, calcium and other substances in the blood can build up as deposits of plaque within the arteries of the head, limbs, and organs.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) – The aorta is the large blood vessel that supplies blood to the abdomen, pelvis and legs. When it enlarges and/or balloons outward (aneurysm), it poses a serious health threat.
- Carotid artery narrowing/blockage – Plaque buildup here can starve the brain of blood and oxygen, causing TIA and stroke.
- Renal artery stenosis – Narrowing of one or both of the arteries supplying blood — and its vital oxygen and nutrients — to the kidneys.
- Mesenteric ischemia – The inadequate supply of blood (via the mesenteric artery) to the small intestine can lead to inflammation and injury.
- Venous insufficiency – When the tiny valves inside leg veins start to fail, this progressive vein disease causes varicose veins and unpleasant symptoms.
- Foot & ankle ulcers – Cuts or abrasions can be slow to heal and remain as open sores because of poor circulation, often associated with nerve damage. Without the proper medical care, these ulcers can lead to amputation.
Comprehensive, nationally accredited vascular diagnostics.
- Carotid Artery Duplex Examination
- Arterial Doppler Evaluation with & without exercise
- Arterial Duplex Evaluation
- Abdominal Aortic Ultrasound
- Bypass-Graft Surveillance
- Renal Artery Duplex Scanning
- Visceral Artery Duplex Scanning
WSA’s state-of-the-art and endovascular treatments.
- Endovascular stents, including aortic
- Aortic bypass procedures
For nationally accredited diagnostics and unsurpassed vascular and endovascular capabilities, please call Wilmington Surgical at 910-763-7363, or use our online contact form or request an appointment.