Early detection and treatment is the key.
We confirm your diagnosis, and quickly. The surgeons at Wilmington Surgical Associates offer comprehensive biopsy capabilities backed by vast experience and unsurpassed accessibility, including same-day appointments and walk-ins. To confirm diagnosis and accurately stage a patient’s cancer, WSA surgeons will perform the most appropriate biopsy procedure for your unique needs within 24 to 48 hours, such as:
- Stereotactic biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy (mass or lymph node)
- Minimally invasive open biopsy (office or outpatient surgery)
Cooperative care and treatment.
For many people diagnosed with cancer, the treatment plan often includes surgery to remove tumors in combination with one or more other treatments, such as chemotherapy to destroy, control and remove tumors and other “precancerous” growths.
At Wilmington Surgical Associates, our leading-edge surgeons have vast experience working in concert with the other specialists on patients’ multidisciplinary cancer-care teams: oncologists, radiologists, pathologists and others.
Leading-edge surgical capabilities designed for your best outcomes.
At WSA, our surgeons have vast surgical experience with virtually all types of cancers. We know these are essential to the best outcomes. We offer the results-focused procedures, techniques and skill you’d expect to find at a major academic institution, including:
- BREAST CANCER: Focused on outcomes… and breast conservation. WSA’s surgeons provide the complete range of breast surgery with a focus on breast conservation, minimally invasive techniques and cooperation with your other doctors.
- THYROID CANCER: Advanced treatment from the forefront of the field. Wilmington Surgical’s surgeons combine their leading-edge skill and experience with today’s most advanced and effective procedures for thyroid cancer using ultrasound, FNA and more.
- SKIN CANCER: Highly skilled and trusted, from biopsy to surgical excision. At WSA, our surgeons and other providers are highly experienced in the treatment of skin cancer, including melanoma. We can perform a biopsy to reach or confirm the diagnosis using today’s latest techniques or we can remove any cancerous or suspect tissue.
- COLON CANCERS: Trusted experts in colon cancer. Along with our surgical expertise, we provide colon screenings.
- LUNG, ESOPHAGUS, GASTROINTESTINAL CANCER: WSA’s surgeons are also very experienced in diagnosing and dealing with patients who have lung and chest wall tumors, esophageal cancer and gastrointestinal cancer.