Breast cancer is the most common malignancy and second leading cause of death for women in the U.S. But it is also one of the most curable cancers. The keys to survival are early detection and state-of-the-art biopsy and treatment, involving surgery.
Wilmington Surgical Associates offers these keys to survival and has helped 1,672 patients with breast-related issues last year. Experience leading-edge biopsy and treatment from trusted specialists, with a focus on early detection, surgical excellence and breast conservation.
Breast cancer treatment starts with advanced biopsy techniques to ensure your diagnosis is confirmed and staged accurately. Having four breast surgeons on staff, same day appointments and biopsy results in 24-48 hours are possible.
Our biopsy techniques include:
• Stereotactic biopsy
• Ultrasound-guided biopsy (mass or lymph node)
• Minimally invasive open biopsy (office or outpatient surgery)
Here’s how we are continuing to set the standard for breast cancer surgery:
• Coordinated surgical reconstruction with plastic surgeons
• Prophylactic surgery to reduce risk for high-risk individuals
• Sentinel lymph node tracking to minimize arm swelling and improve staging accuracy
• Mastectomy – partial, nipple-sparing, skin-sparing and total
• Oncoplastic Lumpectomy – lumpectomy with breast lift and reduction (as needed)
• In-office placement of portocath devices for chemotherapy
Stay ahead of cancer. For a breast biopsy or breast surgery, trust the doctor’s choice for surgical excellence.